<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Thursday, September 29, 2005
 
The Definition Of....
... pleased as punch.



But for a moment, let's honor a woman who could have (and probably should have) been tapped, Constance Baker Motley, who died yesterday.

I realize he can't help being extremely male and white. Intellectually, I know it should make no difference in how I feel. And yes, he's very smart, but also kinda smug about it. I just wish that if they had to choose a very white male for Chief Justice they could have found an old one instead of one likely to outlive me (considering my decadent, anything-goes, lifestyle here at Fresh Paint Manor).

So in honor of John "Score One For Our Team" Roberts ascension to the rank of Supreme Being, I have only this to say:

Tom DeLay.

Oh, what the heck. I'll say it again:

Tom DeLay.

Yet, curiously, any mention of DeLay has disappeared from the front page screens at both CNN and MSNBC. Hmmmm... Could it be because of this?

Even as DeLay professed his innocence and his lawyers said they hoped to avoid having him handcuffed, fingerprinted and photographed, potential for fresh controversy surfaced.

Records on file with the Federal Election Commission show that Blunt's political action committee has paid roughly $88,000 in fees since 2003 to a consultant facing indictment in Texas in the same case as DeLay.
No comment.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter