<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Monday, August 30, 2004
 
Bush League
My obsession with whitehouse.gov continues:



This is from the middle of the front page of the site. "In modern times"? But what about Saint Reagan? Isn't this a slap in the face to his memory? And the hubris of "first term"... ask your dad about this. And while we're at it, how about throwing a little love his way? Oh, well.... I suppose the word "among" saves it.

So I guess he's also referring to Clinton's 2 terms, which were quite "modern".

And from today's gaggle:
Q Can I ask you, too -- The Times had an interesting piece yesterday [ed. yes... yes, they did] about the President's involvement in his own campaign. When you say each morning, the President has regular briefings, can we assume henceforth that includes a Karl Rove briefing?

MR. McCLELLAN: "Henceforth," what do you mean? Karl Rove is a senior advisor, so he's involved in briefings with him on a daily basis.

Q We can assume that --

MR. McCLELLAN: That doesn't mean -- that doesn't mean it's just on the campaign. I mean, he's a senior advisor, including his main political advisor. But the President obviously stays involved in his campaign. [ed. and the difference is....?]

Q The Times said Rove gives him a campaign briefing each morning, that's my question.

MR. McCLELLAN: He talks to -- yes, he talks to Karl all the time, throughout the day.

Q Is that one of the morning briefings that you describe?

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, I think it's -- there might be -- it might be part of his usual briefings that he has. On a daily basis, is what you're referring to.
I'm sure Rove has a lot to say about terrorism, the economy, health care, jobs, and other issues -- like whether it's polling well, not whether we're actually doing something about it.

And for all their denying that they had nothing to do with the SB nonsense, Josh Marshall has a little nugget (quoting Andrew Sullivan) that we've all missed:
I loved Bush's comment yesterday about the smear-ad: "I can understand why Senator Kerry is upset with us. I wasn't so pleased with the ads that were run about me. And my call is get rid of them all, now." "Us"?? I thought Bush had nothing to do with it.
Back later.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter