<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Thursday, November 13, 2008
 
I Thought We Were All Volunteers
Jobless claims jump unexpectedly to 7-year high
The Labor Department on Thursday reported that jobless claims last week increased by 32,000 to a seasonally adjusted 516,000. That nearly matched the 517,000 claims reported seven years ago, and is only the second time since 1992 that claims have topped 500,000.
I knew Obama had a lot of campaign workers, but this is ridiculous.

JOKE! Honestly, you guys!

Since my unemployment benefits ran out seemingly decades ago, and my giant trust fund has dried up, and I'm too young for Social Security, and no one is buying my artwork, and I type too inaccurately to get a temp job, and all the Santa Claus jobs already have a couple of hundred applicants on the waiting list, I don't know why I'm running around the place cancelling credit cards I don't use and checking accounts with zero balance in them, but that's what I'm still up to. Dog food is beginning to look pretty good to me right now, especially the off=brand stuff with melanine in it from China.

How about you? Will see if I can come up with some tasty recipes.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter