<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
 
Batshit Crazy
THE IRAN PLANS
One former defense official, who still deals with sensitive issues for the Bush Administration, told me that the military planning was premised on a belief that “a sustained bombing campaign in Iran will humiliate the religious leadership and lead the public to rise up and overthrow the government.” He added, “I was shocked when I heard it, and asked myself, ‘What are they smoking?’ ”
This is the quote from the New Yorker article by Seymour Hersh everyone is talking about. I say, "which religious leadership?", "which public?", and "which government?", and I hear someone knocking at my door right now for even thinking it.

Hard-copy issue arrived today. Any article by Hersh is worth reading seriously, but this one is truly frightening, as is she-who-doesn't-have-enough-sense-to-figure-out-how-to-not-sleep-on-the-floor Madame Secretary of State Rice(weren't there seats on the plane? couldn't she have asked for a pillow and stretched out across the seats? this is something Harriet Miers might have done, but only if it were George. is Condi in love with Jack? I once spent the night outside the dorm room of someone I had a crush on. he thought it was creepy. it was creepy. this was creepy too).
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Denouncing Iran's successful enrichment of uranium as unacceptable to the international community, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Wednesday the U.N. Security Council must consider "strong steps" to induce Tehran to change course.
This is just all too familiar. Aren't we afraid that Pakistan has nukes too? And what ever happened to being terrified of Korea? Their leader is way up there in the nutty category too.

A question: would Bush have to go back to Congress to get permission to go to war, or does he think it's all just one big war now, and all the previous votes let him do any freeking thing he wants to do? I'm certain he feels this way, so some brave person out there (aka Mr. Feingold, perhaps) should act now to make sure Bush is forced to go public before the mushroom clouds start popping.

Maybe he thinks that a nuclear winter will counteract global warming. Yeah. That's the ticket.

UPDATE: AMERICAblog has a brilliant analysis of all this (except the part about Condi's New Man). They are becoming one of my favorite blogs lately, what Kos used to be. So will most likely get a permanent link on the side (I don't have many, you'll note), since I've been visiting there a lot, and the links are really for my convenience anyway.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter