<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
 
Something Not Allowed
Forgetting you're not at home and singing along to "Someday Soon" while in the library. They come over and tell you to stop.

American Idol, here I come.

Back later. Still have a lot of additions, etc. to the links at the side.

And time to mark the calendar -- no, not just mark the calendar, but actually go -- to the School of the Art Institute BFA show that opens this Saturday at 5:00 pm. It's a lot of fun, especially if you know someone graduating. It's become something of a tradition for me to thoroughly (and I mean exhaustively and exaustingly) cover this show, so am resting my feet now. They don't let you take pix, unfortunately, which means a lot of writing and memorizing.

I've always preferred the BFA shows to the MFA shows, since the MFAs are pretty much ruined by the time they graduate. The BFAs have gone pretty marketing-savvy and slick only to a point. I miss the messy abandon of years past.

Let's see what this year's crop comes up with.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter