<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Saturday, March 18, 2006
 
So Much News
First, other people's news:

Chicago Printmakers Collaborative has a show opening today that I should be getting my butt over to in the next few minutes. Show is called "Tracks, Cable, Sky and Lake," with work by some of my favorite printmakers from the shop, Hiroshi Ariyama, Michael Goro, Dennis O'Malley, and Jerry Svoboda. There are also readings scheduled, and I'm sorry I didn't get this info out sooner. But the show will be up for awhile, and the place is open by appointment and every Saturday afternoon (which is why I must run soon).

Tomorrow, to continue the printmaking theme, from 3-5 at the Noyes Cultural Arts Center, is what might be the last show for Anchor Graphics as we know it, since they're being taken over by Columbia College and will stop being an independent print shop fairly soon. Sad, but there you go. From the blurb:
"Fresh A.I.R." Exhibition

Since 1998, nearly 30 artists have participated in Anchor Graphics' Artist-In-Residence program. This exhibition, hosted by the Noyes Cultural Arts Center, will feature a selection of prints created by these artists during their stay at Anchor. Artists exhibited will include Gina Alvarez, Marie Bukowski, Elke Claus, Vincent Como, Rick Dula, Bernice Ficek-Swenson, Lari Gibbons, Kevin Haas, Anita Jung, Michael Krueger, Beauvais Lyons, David Menard, Cedar Nordbye, Alain Park, Paula Schulze, Gayle Tanaka, Jonathan Thomas, and Steven White. The exhibition will run from March 15 - May 9, 2006, at the Noyes Cultural Arts Center located at 927 Noyes St. in Evanston, IL. Gallery hours are Monday - Sunday, 10am - 6pm. An opening reception will be held on March 19 from 3 - 5pm.
The web site has some great pix of the new location.

Finally, I've been offered a solo show at Hoeksema Gallery in Grand Haven, Michigan (just up along the lake from Saugatuck, home of SAIC's Ox-Bow, how the connection got made), with an opening Friday, June 2, from 6-9 pm, and also an event for Saturday. I just got an email from Heather Hoeksema asking whether I have any digital videos of my process to play during the show, so after I went "gulp" I am now intrigued.

Do I have a process? Do I want to show it? Watch this space for more info.

And now I must fly.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter