<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
 
Another Gift Day
This one, if possible, even nicer.

Had to drop a robot off for the upcoming School of the Art Institute, Ox-Bow benefit:

A plug:

Winter Benefit Art Auction
Thursday, February 19, 2009
5:30-9:30 p.m. (Central time)
Sullivan Center Galleries, SAIC
33 South State Street, 7th Floor
Chicago, IL

You should go if you can. Maybe this year will be different, but they always throw just about the best part available, with incredible full open bar, appetizer buffet AND entree buffet AND dessert buffet.

Oh, and art. Cheaper than you can believe possible, too. My prints generally end up selling in the 275-325 US dollar range. Sure wish someone would give ME the money occasionally, instead of donating it to Ox-Bow so more starving artists can be produced, who will then give their art away at benefits, so that more starving artists can be created....

The location is the old Carson Pirie Scott building. Entry on State Street, then walk thru to the Wabash side (is what my instructions were).

Coming back had a weird episode. Was walking west toward the Metra station along Randolph, not really paying attention, just walking the route I've taken many, many, many times over the years.

Suddenly I looked up and saw the Metropolitan Correctional Center in front of me, and the restaurant Boni Vino, where I used to eat many many many times when I worked at the CBOE and CBT.

At some point I must have turned south, but I can't imagine how or why, unless my feet were thinking I was going back to the office after shopping/dentist over on Wabash. Randolph to Van Buren is quite a few city blocks to wander down oblivious to the world.

Is this the start of Alzheimers? Or simple inattention because of the weather?


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter