<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Monday, January 19, 2009
 
Things We Need to Remember, Part I


After 8 years of the Bush crowd, this song says it all. So very happy Pete Seeger is still around to play it. He must be 400 years old. I remember the March on Washington of (I think) 71 or 72 protesting the Vietnam War -- I got thrown in jail trying to block off the Chain Bridge. He was there, in just about the same location.

How quickly time passes -- just yesterday, it seems, I was glued to the internet, awaiting the depressing news about the recount that took away the life and livelihood of so many.

So, watch this, sing along, and let the tears run down your face. This is the way Americans do revolution.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter