<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Monday, December 01, 2008
 
At Library (Rinse, Repeat)
Yes, am at library since can only blog to the blog via an email or message that then has to be fixed up in a weird way at a real computer.

Sent the system off last week after Dell sent me the box to pack it up in, am now waiting for delivery. They don't seem to have an online status check site, or maybe I'm supposed to give it my service tag somewhere. Am curious when it will come back, and whether they'll send me an email telling me when it's due to arrive so I can stand at the door waiting, for 8, 12 hours, if that's what it takes.

At least there was a sit-down system available this time.

Have been playing A LOT with the new phone, getting stuff set up etc. It can only show mobile web pages, or pages that are so modestly formatted that the cheesy little browser can interpret -- usually can't. Have heard that I can use Opera with Razr phones, but my service probably does stuff to make it impossible to use something that I didn't pay for. Have noticed that just about anything to do with mobile phones COSTS or else tries to sell you stuff deceptively. I don't think this industry is regulated at all to protect we the people (of any country, not just this one). Perhaps someday it will change.

So, until this is resolved, if your really want to see what I'm up to, you'll just have to check the twitter.com panel on the side. I don't have a whole bunch to say, but it's not too painful to say it with my thumbs.

I can get my e m a i 1 too, if you need to get in touch.

I have satisfactorily sent a picture of my feet from my phone to ee m a ! l. Perhaps I'll try to transfer it to the blog. Difficult, since can't store personal files except in something they call a "thawspace". Sounds terrifying.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter