<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Thursday, August 28, 2008
 
We Must Elect This Man



TODAY!

I know, I know we can't. Not yet. Early voting doesn't start until October 13, but you must be registered by Oct 7th in Cook County, which is just a little over a month from now. If you haven't registered, go to Project Vote Smart, a very reliable starting point, to find out how, where, and when for your own location.

SO SOON? You ask.

So very far away. The GOP convention starts next week, and we know it will be filled with hate.

Did you ever hear such a speech? Obama has the ability to put such clear pictures in your head. Not just pictures of people, or of hope, but of the way words actually look. The way thoughts move from one phrase to another.

I haven't supported Barack Obama wholeheartedly on many of the things he's done since he's been the senator I worked to elect. He can be very independent and irritating to an old lefty like me.

But I think we've finally brought him around.




I didn't think there were any Democrats left in Evanston -- I thought they'd all gone to Denver. Here's where they all were -- at Larry Suffredin's DPOE Obama-watching party at the Firehouse Grill, which is conveniently located just down the street from the Democratic Party of Evanston's new office.

Signup sheets for volunteers to go to Iowa circulated, pins and t-shirts and rhinestone jewelry was sold. And I ran into neighbors I didn't even know were Democrats. They just felt they had to come out and cheer.

And yes we did.

Labels:



--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter