<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Sunday, February 10, 2008
 
Weather Report
Wind had been blowing so hard against the house it rattled a painting right off the wall.

Good afternoon, friends. Nothing else to note, other than it's still subzero here, wind still from the north, which is actually a good thing. I have a vulnerable window that lets in the northwest wind and directs it directly on my hands as I type. So a fallen painting isn't much to ask.

Scary, tho, and it's only about a quarter of hurricane or tornado wind speeds.

That's all for now. Still playing Cave Story (Doukutsu Monogatari) until my fingers are numb, but I will beat it.

If you're unfamiliar with the game, it's a simple-looking nintendo-ish Japanese game (translated into English extremely well) with one of the most bizarre story lines (yes, it actually has a cohesive story) I've ever seen. Mad scientists and robots and sweet creatures and killer red flowers all on a floating world filled with cave after cave done in satisfying, low-tech pixel art.

You both level up and level down, and your health is pretty limited. Weapons (for example, a bubble gun) that are very powerful at the top level 3 just spit out a few slow bubbles at level 1. Some of the boss monsters are insanely difficult to kill, and the save points are fiendishly designed to maximize your frustration and addiction. This means that destroying monsters and staying alive become tidy puzzles to solve more than battles to win.

It's one of the best games I've ever played (and I've played A LOT).

And it's free.

I seem to be regressing to age 12 lately.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter