Fresh Paint
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
I Bet You Didn't Know
That Dean Clark of Graphic Chemical has a Printmaking Materials blog:

One of the most often asked questions in lithography is how do I know when to modify my ink? The question right behind it is, how do I modify my ink?

How do I know when to modify my inks?
Lithographic inks should be designed so that they do not require modification to print. They should print right out of the can about 80-90% of the time. The other 10% of the time you should only change that property of the ink that is not performing to your expectations.
And tons more goodies. This question came up at the studio just today, and luckily Joe Taylor, one of the printmakers at the shop, had come across this blog, and so could help fix an ink problem.

It's all out there, somewhere.

--- Back to Main Page ---

Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter