<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
 
105 Fewer Voters
... this month alone. 2,816 total (that they admit to).

UPDATE and CORRECTION: I had originally said "107," but some kind soul had to point out that it wasn't nearly that many (I think I counted the coalition soldiers by mistake, and everyone knows they don't vote here). I'm very sorry if I offended anyone*.

Iraq Coalition Casualties

Good evening, friends. Spent all afternoon at the Dan Seals for Congress campaign office doing data entry. Hideously boring, but someone's got to do it. I am developing a sore throat (plus I detest telephoning), so data entry it was.

Listening to the other conversations in the office (luckily, other volunteers didn't seem to have the hatred of the telephone I have, and some seem positively gifted), I still can't imagine a life in which, a week from an election, I respond that I've never heard of the candidates running for office before. I can't imagine a personal world so rich, so self-contained, that the outside world apparently drops away. I guess it may have been so for me too (before the Great Awakening, somewhere at the dawn of Clinton Years), but that was before cable, before the internet, before answering machines, before the constant yammer yammer yammer of idiots all day long on the radio and tv (and the phone).

What I'm trying to say is that working on a campaign isn't just a lot of phoning. There are other things you can do, so please do it, even if just for an hour or two.


*except Bush


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter