<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
 
Milestones
Blogger tells me that this is post number 1000, if you can imagine it, so I suppose it means I will be handing out noisemakers and confetti shortly. And we'll have the usual drinking and dancing till dawn -- I know, I know, it never really stops around here, but I'll hire us a good band this time, I promise. Now let's get those ribs on the grill...

But seriously, no one seems to be paying attention to that other recently-passed milestone -- did you know more than 1800 US soldiers have now died in Iraq to benefit the hubris of this appalling administration? 7 reported dead just today. And we will never know when the Iraqi death toll reaches any milestone. We don't know if it's 10,000 or 100,000 or 1,000,000.

Sorry to be such a downer, especially since it may mean I'm too distracted to do justice to the ribs and may have forgotten completely about the mixers and pretzels. (Or worse -- I'll drink and drink and start sobbing and drunk-dialing YOU).

So. Nothing more for now. Maybe more later. Another 90 plus, high humidity day, so am in hiding.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter