<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Sunday, July 24, 2005
 
In Hiding
... from the sun and heat and potential 100 plus degree weather. Just stuck my nose out and it was nearly burned off.

Is a pity, since want to go to the opening today for Beverly Kedzior and Yvette Kaiser Smith at Noyes Cultural Arts Center. The show is called "Narratives of Biology & Identity," reception today, Sunday, from 3-5 pm.

I think the opening for the EAC Faculty show is today, too, though the web site has 2 different dates, and no times. Someone has fallen down on the job. Assume it's not the 29th, since that would be Friday, and they never have openings on a Friday.

This is the kind of thing Kedzior does.

And I've written about Kaiser Smith before. She crochets giant shapes in fiberglass. I helped wrangle one of her huge pieces out of the truck last week -- not as delicate as it appears, friends, huge and very heavy.

Noyes doesn't have a website, unfortunately.

Will try to get over there later. What I saw as the show was getting installed looked pretty good, though the Kedzior stuff looked a little less crisply painted than I've seen before. As usual, the crocheted sculpture is astonishing, and the scale of these pieces (several of them layered on top of others) adds a new level of complexity to the artist's work.

Until then, you will find me on my couch drinking ice water and sucking down popsicles.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter