<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Thursday, July 14, 2005
 
Hurray! Hurray!
Rehnquist Says He'll Stay on Supreme Court
"I want to put to rest the speculation and unfounded rumors of my imminent retirement," Rehnquist, 80, and ailing with thyroid cancer, said in a statement obtained by The Associated Press. "I am not about to announce my retirement. I will continue to perform my duties as chief justice as long as my health permits."
And on top of it, Social Security is safe for now.
WASHINGTON - Congress will not move on President Bush's desire to overhaul Social Security before this fall, key Republican leaders said Thursday....

The announcement came several hours after senators cut short a planned Social Security strategy session, filing out of a Capitol meeting room for a series of votes without an agreement to return or when to meet again.
Also, in an unrelated announcement, if anyone out there has tried to get in touch with me via email and I never responded, I probably must apologize. Discovered that my hotmail settings had all junk mail deleted and not dumped into the junk folder. And it marked an astonishing variety of stuff as junk mail, especially stuff sent to a list, so I probably have missed a lot of show announcements, etc. as well. Oh, well.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter