<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Friday, April 01, 2005
 
Stoned Again
... litho stoned, that is:



And here I am as far as the eye can see, representing at least 3 different skin tones:



As you can probably see from the stone, the image is beginning to thicken and fill in. I can probably take a razor blade to some of the hair strands and separate them, but eventually I'll have to admit defeat, grain off the image, and start a new project.

Now have 17 of them, about 14 of very good quality, 3 of lesser, which is actually a pretty good rate for an edition. Even though I'm continuing to print on BFK, it seems like each sheet has its own character and takes ink differently, which makes for even more fun.

While there today, our monitor, Marge Roche, brought by a father and little son who watched me print and went away with a signed proof on newsprint. I am so cynical (still) that I didn't let myself look in the trash bins outside the building to see if they pitched it.

And an early warning for those planning to see the show, Token, Talisman and Tool (works by Deborah Maris Lader, Bert Menco, and Duffy O'Connor, all terrific printmakers). The opening has been moved to Sunday, April 3 from 3-5, according to a handwritten correction on the show cards at Noyes. Address: Noyes Cultural Arts Center, 927 Noyes Street, Evanston IL, 847-491-0266.

I have pix already which I have to empty from the camera and will write up later. They put up some really nice work.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter