<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Sunday, April 03, 2005
 
Extra! Extra!
Breaking Art News!

Michael Paxton has left Byron Roche and will be showing with Matthew Cherry (aka M. Ivan Cherry) at gescheidle, opening the end of April.

Just ran into him (and about the only other fifteen people I know in the entire Northern half of Illinois) at the opening I spoke of before at Noyes Cultural Arts Center in Evanston, Illinois.

I'm really fond of both of these artists, and in the crush I didn't learn the dirty details.

All I can say is that I've never seen more networking between heavy hitting collector/dealers, gallerists, and artists before. Bert Menco and Duffy O'Connor, especially, should be very pleased. I thought Bert's prints were quite strong.

Spent time talking to other favorite printmakers, in particular, Elizabeth Ockwell and Diane Thodos.

Years ago I printed with both of them, and a fond memory of Elizabeth is when she was drawing deer bones by inking a slab, laying paper over it, and drawing down hard into the paper to pick up the ink underneath. I always wondered what happened to those drawings. Apparently she showed them at Columbia College, where she also teaches.

She said she also boiled down a dog she found dead by the side of the road, but her live dog ate the bones, so she never had a chance to draw them.

Ah, me.

I have snaps I will post a bit later. I have had a few glasses of wine.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter