<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Tuesday, February 22, 2005
 
More on David Gracie
Since it bothered me how mean I was to his little paintings below, I was glad I had a revelation about them last night. If you took them from the room they're currently in, and hung them on a wall with Tom Huck's work, you can look at them as just another kind of multiple, as hand-made as the arduous inking up of Huck's woodcuts is. I like this idea, since it's probably more what Gracie was thinking (he's a smart guy, a recent Northwestern MFA). Just as each print is always slightly different, so is each of the painting multiples.

That's it for now. Still don't know what I want to print later today. I'm always like this at the beginning of a big project, I must keep telling myself.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter