<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Thursday, February 03, 2005
 
The Manly Art of Knitting
Where? Where?

No Needling, Please: Guys Are Joining the Knitting Craze
Guys who knit in public say they often get teased or receive odd looks. But others say their knitting can be a conversation starter.

Elise Goldschlag, owner of Flying Fingers knitting store in Irvington, N.Y., says her 19-year-old son, Dillon, pulls out his yarn and needles whenever he wants to meet girls at the Rhode Island School of Design, where he's a student.

"I can't believe it: He's using knitting as a babe magnet," she says.
Haven't I read this AP filler thing before? I'm sure I've seen it many times, whenever they don't want to put anything of substance on the wire.

However, via the Wayback Machine, I can add a squib to the Men Knitting Lore here. You may remember the cover:


Have been reading Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones all day and much of last night. You will hear little from me until I finish. Good book (and not what I expected, and I didn't expect it to be good, even when people whose taste I respect kept telling me to read it).


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter