<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Wednesday, October 27, 2004
 
More Favorite Sons
Secretary of State Powell Defends His Son
[Howard]Stern questioned Michael Powell's credentials in a telephone call Tuesday to KGO-AM radio in San Francisco during an interview with the FCC chairman.

Secretary Powell said Wednesday that his son got the job long before he became secretary of state.

Not exactly.

While Michael Powell did become a member of the commission in November 1997, when President Clinton appointed him to a Republican seat on the panel, he was elevated to FCC chairman by President Bush on Jan. 22, 2001. That was two days after Bush's inauguration, which was also the day his father became secretary of state.
Go get 'em Howard.

Good afternoon, friends. I have received my volunteer assignment for the election, but I'm not going to tell you where it is in case you're a Republican and blab to Rove about it. I will take the computer with and try to do some blogging anyway, since I know I won't be able to stop cold-turkey. I have also just lost a filling, so I may be whistling a little unless I can get in and see the dentist before I depart to my undisclosed location.

Just try and stop me. Go on.

This administration is the most incompetent bunch of idiots we've ever seen. I just hope they're incompetent about stealing the election too.

Though they're starting off with a bang:
Officials Blame U.S. Postal Service Over Missing Ballots

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Broward County officials blamed the U.S. Postal Service Tuesday for misplacing nearly half of the absentee ballots requested in the county, as frustrated voters trying to find out what happened overwhelmed phone lines at the elections office.

The Postal Service denied responsibility for the missing ballots, but Broward officials said they sent about 58,000 ballots more than two weeks ago, on Oct. 7-8. As of Tuesday, 126,220 absentee ballots had been requested.
Wouldn't it be delicious if the missing ballots were for Republicans?

Doubt it, but we can always hope.

Since they're so determined to win by underhanded means, we simply have to make sure that every vote possible is counted, and every voter in evey single state gets to the polls. I predict a landslide for Kerry. Maybe Bush should make the phone call to Kerry right now, rather than wait until Tuesday night.



--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter