<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Thursday, September 30, 2004
 
But Will They Blame Bush?
Merck Recalls Blockbuster Arthritis Drug, Stock Plunges

As I move my arthritic hands painfully over the keyboard and mouse these words, the ipuprofen hasn't taken effect yet. So it is true. Vioxx has been recalled.

This won't make my Mom's disposition any sweeter, let me tell you, unless she brightens up at the thought of class action suits and massive litigation. She's already off the hormone replacements. Will she stop taking her heart medicine, or the twenty other drugs they've been forcing down her gullet for the past few years? It seems like she tells me about a new one every time I talk to her. Her doctor has been in the pay of the drug companies for years.

I can't see the Rovian conspiracy here thru my cataract-riddled eyes yet, because the entire state of Florida is about to rise up and smite someone about this.

Luckily, I have no prescription plan or health insurance, so aspirin and ibuprofen are my drugs of choice for just about everything. I guess every cloud has a silver lining.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter