<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Friday, August 06, 2004
 
In or Out or In or Out or ...
Or maybe not. Nothing is simple with the ILL GOP. Kind of like the cat standing at the back door.

Keyes Will Accept GOP Nomination, Run Against Obama
Bill Pascoe, a political adviser and Keyes friend, said Thursday he could not confirm that Keyes had accepted the nomination. "He thinks he owes it to them to take the time to deliberate," Pascoe said.
If Pascoe can't confirm it (like he could call the guy, right?), who am I to predict? If you have even the slightest interest in this ludicrous and offensive last gasp of a failed party, ArchPundit has threads and threads of goodies, and is where I've been spending way, way too much time. Luckily Illinois is smarter than the average state and knows the score and will reward them accordingly. As everyone's been saying, Jack Ryan isn't looking that bad any longer.

Good morning, folks. On the bright side of things, a nice news report from the campaign trail in Jefferson City, MO, the state capitol, where Kerry and Edwards appeared last night.

Spectators warm to Kerry-Edwards message
[ed. I don't know when I've ever seen a headline like this in a "leaning Bush" state. someone must have been asleep at the Rovian gates. anyway...]
"I'm so excited, I can't tell you," she [ed. Mary Hess, 68] said.

Hess said sometimes she votes Democratic, sometimes Republican.

After working for Continental Airlines for 35 years, Hess said she's never been very political. But she said she's compelled by this most recent race and found the Democratic convention coverage riveting.

"I'm really afraid that we've alienated so many countries. It seems obvious to me George Bush has taken this country in the wrong direction," she said. "I really feel this is the most important presidential election in our nation's history."
There's tons more of wonderful quotes here too, enough to warm many hearts. I may be forced to write them a letter. Here's a link reporting what Kerry and Edwards actually said.

But coffee next. You may wonder how I can write without it, but be assured I can write under even more grueling conditions -- though I can't quite think of any right now....


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter