<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Saturday, August 26, 2006
 
Some machine building the condo behind me has been grinding away at something since about 7:30 this morning. When it's not grinding, it's sitting and idling loudly. I want it to run out of gas NOW, since I can't stand it much longer. Even the Metra train out my back window ran out of gas on Wednesday:

Out of Gas
A Chicago-bound Union Pacific North Line train sputtered to a stop at Central Street in Evanston about 7 p.m. Wednesday leaving 82 passengers stranded.

The problem was traced Thursday to a Union Pacific employee, said Metra spokeswoman Judy Pardonnet.

"An employee was told on a number of occasions to refuel the locomotive and failed to do so," she said.

Metra riders reported that even the crew sounded bewildered when announcing that the train, which departed Kenosha at 5:51 p.m., had run out of fuel.

"I could hear them saying in disbelief, `We're out of gas.' ... Like they were trying to register it themselves," said Chicago resident John Hines, 45, who was on the train.
What's even worse is that I was probably sitting in my studio staring at the train the whole time but was oblivious to the whole thing. May have been so busy bashing gnomes that I didn't notice -- (Hammer Heads, really good game), trying to figure out how to bash Stabby (hit him once, then wait till he's tired, then hit him again. But you have to have the really big hammer).

Please, stop NOW!


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter