<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Sunday, July 09, 2006
 
Frozen Washcloths
Thought that would get your attention on a hot night like tonight (I still refuse to turn on the air conditioner because I am not rich at the moment).

I don't know whether your Jazzercise group does it, but the instructors at mine bring bags of freshly frozen washcloths for an astonishing burst of pleasure following a brutal workout. I used to do Jazzercise years ago and just started back again -- I'd completely forgotten about the washcloths, and now it's the only thing that gets me thru the day, knowing it'll be waiting for me after class.

Good evening, friends. Have been busy doing this and that, but mostly have been getting the letterpress the print shop acquired from Columbia College running with the type we got from Mary K. O'Shaughnessey, a really good artist who now only uses polymer plates for her letterpress work.

After spending days sorting tiny tiny pieces of lead (and probably getting a serious case of lead poisoning) have pulled my first prints from the press this weekend. Still some adjustments needed before I can truly say that Fresh Press has been born.

At it again tomorrow or the next day, most likely.

And an early warning for you all. I will be a zoo animal, painting on the sidewalk outside the sacred art store on Roscoe this coming Sunday for the sidewalk sale. So come say hey.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter