<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Tuesday, July 04, 2006
 
Ralph Lieberman, Go Home
Lieberman to stay in race even if he loses primary
"I will stay a Democrat, whether I am the Democratic Party's nominee or a petitioning Democratic candidate on the November ballot," Lieberman said in a statement.
Huh?

The absolute, supreme egotism of it!

For example:

I didn't get into the Whitney show, but I'm gonna bring a piece over to hang on the wall anyway and maybe I'll even win a prize....

My old boyfriend didn't want to marry me, but I'm going to show up at the wedding anyway, in a wedding dress....

I'll run for president down in Florida and that'll teach them that there's no difference between Democrats and Republicans....

I'll screw up the chance of a Democratic majority in the fall. I'll show them all....

Listen, fella. You may not like it, but let the people of your state speak. You've been in the senate since the dawn of time. You are the incumbent. No one is rigging this thing. If people don't want to have you run again and represent them, that's the American way, buddy. This is what primaries are for. Don't you get it?

And another thing: I don't understand how anyone who supports the war in Iraq can be considered a friend of Israel. The last thing Israel -- and every other country in the Middle East, and a good many located elsewhere -- needs is more chaos, death, instability, hatred, partisan slaughter, etc. etc.

So, Ralph Joe, suck it up. Be a man. And campaign strongly and loudly for the real Democrats in the fall, just like they've done for you.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter