<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Tuesday, April 13, 2004
 
Surreal
President Addresses the Nation in Prime Time Press Conference:
Q Thank you, Mr. President. Sir, you've made it very clear tonight that you're committed to continuing the mission in Iraq. Yet, as Terry pointed out, increasing numbers of Americans have qualms about it. And this is an election year. Will it have been worth it, even if you lose your job because of it?

THE PRESIDENT: I don't plan on losing my job. I plan on telling the American people that I've got a plan to win the war on terror. And I believe they'll stay with me. They understand the stakes. Look, nobody likes to see dead people on their television screens -- I don't. It's a tough time for the American people to see that. It's gut-wrenching. One of my hardest parts of my job is to console the family members who have lost their life. It is a -- it is -- it's a chance to hug and weep and to console and to remind the loved ones that the sacrifice of their loved one was done in the name of security for America and freedom for the world.
Again with the lame terror/Iraq linkage? And when do you plan to plan to tell we family members who have lost our lives what the plan is? While you're hugging and weeping? Or while you're out fundraising?


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter