<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Thursday, August 13, 2009
 
The Knife Grinder Is Here


This is a guy who on no set schedule that I can figure out shows up and will grind your knives for a small fee. He's not a chatty kind of guy. He has a strong Italian accent and a teasing nature. Coming back from my bike ride I spotted him on the street corner and managed to get this shot. An earlier group of dull-knife-wielding housewives had just departed leaving these remaining.

A set of steak knives was the subject of the current grinding.

I wish I could get more shots of him, but the camera complained that it needed me to change the batteries and refused to attempt more than this shot. Am sorry.

I have no idea how to get in touch with him. He didn't seem to have business cards, and no advertising or whatever on his machine.

If he comes this way shouting, "Bring out your knives!" maybe I can get a computer-powered shot of him.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter