<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Wednesday, December 15, 2004
 
Wasn't He Already Working For Them?
Fox News Channel, Giving 'Em More Zell:
Sen. Zell Miller, the fire-and-brimstone-preaching Dixiecrat who tried to challenge MSNBC's Chris Matthews to a duel after delivering the keynote speech at the Republican National Convention, has been welcomed with open arms by Fox News Channel.

The cable network announced yesterday it has signed the departing Georgia Democrat as a contributor, beginning in January.
I thought all Republicans already worked for FOX, and vice versa. Oh. Forgot. Zell is a Democrat. Now they can claim to be Fair and Balanced again.

Good evening, folks. They'll do anything for a buck, won't they?

Planned to do gallery hopping after the dentist, but being told to keep your jaw open for 45 minutes was apparently too tiring for me, so I dropped in at the Zhou Brothers show at the Chicago Cultural Center (open thru Jan 2, so get there).

It was good to see all these works in one place, and to see that I'm not sure I'm happy with the direction they're going. I liked their earliest works, like a cross between cave paintings, Chinese narrative hand scrolls, and enthusiastic lashings of paint. The paintings have become much more tied down, decorative, self-contained, and repetitive.

Visually, they've become pretty, or at least the selection I saw are. This is fine, I suppose, since I like to paint pretty pictures too, and wish I had the energy to produce works like the Zhous with extraordinarily complex layers and surfaces and materials. I just sometimes wonder what all the fuss is about.

I missed the painting demonstration they gave in October, since I was in Wisconsin. If anyone out there went, I'd like to know if they're working on something interesting again.

Dan at Iconoduel had reported that the Zhous have become trendy, and you can buy a dinner with them on Ebay. And then I realized I was at a big bash this past 4th of July with them (or at least one of them) in Bridgeport at Michael Hernandez de Luna's house, where we ate and drank so much and ended up all dancing in the kitchen. I took many pictures. Maybe I should sell them on Ebay, now that everyone there is famous.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter