<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Saturday, November 20, 2004
 
A Turkey of a Bill
Negotiators Add Abortion Clause to Spending Bill
The abortion language would bar federal, state and local agencies from withholding taxpayer money from health care providers that refuse to provide or pay for abortions or refuse to offer abortion counseling or referrals....

The provision could affect millions of American women, according to Senator Barbara Boxer, Democrat of California, who warned Friday that she would use procedural tactics to slow Senate business to a crawl if the language was not altered.

"I am willing to stand on my feet and slow this thing down," Ms. Boxer said. "Everyone wants to go home, I know that, and I know I will not win a popularity contest in the Senate. But they should not be doing this. On a huge spending bill they're writing law, and they're taking away rights from women."
They think we're too busy shopping for Thanksgiving to notice this? You go, Dems. No surrender.

Good morning, friends. Another day of gray weather, though I suppose I better get used to it, since this is what it'll look like pretty much until late March.

No one seems to have wanted to play my landscape color game (see below), or perhaps I didn't make it very clear. Am just interested in whether everyone's idea of a color such as "fawn gray" is the same, so send me a link to your conception of it, or email me a .jpg color chip, or whatever. If you want my opinion on a color, just let me know, and I'll play it back to you.

And now I must call Mr. Durbin and Mr. Fitzgerald and let them know how I think this budget game sucks.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter