<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Friday, November 05, 2004
 
Good News For the Nation
Durbin Set to Become Second-Ranked Senate Democrat
Durbin, speaking to reporters from his Chicago office, said that with fewer Senate Democrats after setbacks in the election, "we have to be good, we have to be unified, we have to pick our battles and we have to look for common ground with the administration when we can find it."

Durbin's ascendancy to the whip post became definite earlier Friday when Sen. Byron Dorgan, D-N.D., Durbin's most likely opponent, announced that he had accepted an invitation from Reid to stay in his current leadership position, as chairman of the Democratic Policy Committee.
Good evening, friends. And you thought now that I'm back from Wisconsin I'd be cowering and whimpering in a corner, numb from depression. Far from it. I've rolled up my sleeves and will blog it out to the end. I didn't canvass my hiney to minisucle proportions to lose so easily.

Dick Durbin is respected in Illinois and Washington for his intelligence, integrity, wit, and ability to pick his fights. If there's a possibility for consensus with the repubs (other than with the 4 or 5 moderates left), he'll find it. I doubt he'll find it. But I'm certain he'll be able to line up the rest, and so perhaps we can hold the line for the next 2 years.

Especially if Alan Keyes decides to run again.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter