<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Wednesday, July 07, 2004
 
Told You I'd Talk About Knitting Again...
The new issue of knitty.com is out -- sexy sexy underware and "items" (yikes!) -- and contains a great writeup of the group, Knitters Against Bush, here:
Forget about all of this "knitting as political statement" crap -- I'm not buying it. I knit because I like it, and do so unapologetically. Wanna question my feminist cred? Watch out for the flying needles. What I'm talking about is this: knit and make a political statement.
Maureen McClarnon discusses the March for Women's Lives this spring in Washington and the blog, which is basically a gathering place for links, buttons, and t-shirts. More than 40 links to political knitting sites now, wow! And here's a button for your collection:

Knitters Against Bush

Pass it on.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter