<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Wednesday, April 28, 2004
 
My Hero
CNN.com - Gore gives Democrats $6 million - Apr 28, 2004
Gore met privately with Kerry, the presumptive Democratic nominee, Tuesday night in Cleveland, Ohio. He announced Wednesday that he would give $4 million to the Democratic National Committee to boost the senator's campaign.

"John will be a great president for all Americans, and I want to do everything I can to help him fight against the outrageous and misleading campaign being waged by the Bush-Cheney campaign," Gore, the 2000 Democratic presidential nominee, said in a written statement.

The former vice president said he had about $6.5 million left over from his presidential bid. He said he would give $1 million each to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and $250,000 to the Democratic Party in his home state of Tennessee.

"The outcome of this election is extremely important for the future of our country and for all that America stands for," Gore said in his statement. "I want to help John Kerry become president and I want to help Democrats retake control of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives."
He's still Mr. President to me.

Yes, I painted earlier, a 12 x 12 inch square (I know I was complaining about the format a few blogs ago, but I still have a bunch of them). Did wildflowers and tulips foreground, dark ugly trees background. Wind made it nearly impossible. Was holding the palette down with one hand and trying to mix and paint with the other, so it's a little muddy and grayed out in places, but can be fixed (or not). A lot of people came by to chat (am always startled and jump). But learned the names of some of the plants -- Virginia Bluebells are the tall ones. One lady told me I had to go look at the Trillium, because they only bloom for a day or two, and today was the day. Thanks, lady! I really have to get a digital camera.

Am starting to catch up now, and storing up the snarkiness for later. Must shower.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter