<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Friday, September 19, 2008
 
L'Etat, C'est Moi
Is late Friday afternoon. The zombie situation seems under control, for now. I'm getting rid of my slutty-looking roots while I sit here and type this, margarita in hand.

What I truly don't understand is how these people can completely thumb their noses at subpoenas.

Rove did it. Harriet Miers did it.

Now the Sarah and the Todd.

L'etat, c'est moi. I am the state and you, you poor jerk, are not. You have to answer a subpoena or else the marshalls come and get you. I don't, because I run this state. I, Karl Rove, run this country. I, Dick Cheney, don't have to tell you idiots nothing. I, Sarah Palin, AM Alaska. I AM the state, you morons. And Todd is my First Dude, so he doesn't have to tell you nuthin' either. So there.

But you, you just better show up in traffic court for that parking ticket, LOSER. Because that's all you'll ever be. A LOSER.

Is there nothing that can humble these people? I truly don't understand how they can say they're for law and order. That they're moral Christians. As far as I remember from my limited exposure to Sunday School, Christ didn't run from the law.

How anyone can even consider having a woman like this a single breath away from the presidency, from being what used to be called the leader of the free world (until that job title was tarnished by the current resident of the White House), is absolutely beyond me.

I know that a lot of women are simply overjoyed that at last, finally, a woman is getting close to power. But she's the kind of woman you wouldn't want near you, who will betray you, just like that, who will stab you in the back, take your husband. Just because she's a woman doesn't mean she's an angel from above.

I know that many are happy to have someone who holds the same conservative views as they do ready to step into the light. I say that morality comes in different forms. This is not a moral woman.

So, it's Friday afternoon, and I have to finish coloring the roots. I'm off to an Obama fundraiser. And I hope you are too.

We are the People. The people is we.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter