<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Friday, September 24, 2004
 
Laura in Winnetka
"1:20 pm: Mrs. Bush delivers remarks at a Victory '04 Luncheon, Winnetka, IL"

You know it's a Republican event when you see the valet parking.



This was as close as I could get. Since it's right down the street from me, I drove around and around, thinking "Laura---libraries---Laura---schools" until I finally found the event, at a school smack in the middle of New Trier Democrat country. Feisty group that they are, the number of Kerry/Edwards and Lee Goodman signs they got up far, far outweighed the occasional Bush/Cheney sign. Only saw 3 or four people standing around on the street, ignored completely by the police. Kept circling with my ratty old car and bumperstickers and pins and whatnot, half-hoping to get harrassed (to make this a better story), but just kept getting smiles from the local cops. Ah well.

Needless to say, I saw no Keyes signs whatever.

We'll find out what the remarks were later. Sorry to tease, and then disappoint.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter