<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Tuesday, August 24, 2004
 
A Little Bit of Art
First, if you're at all interested in the recent theft of Edvard Munch's icon-painting "The Scream," the parodied image of which you have probably worn on a t-shirt or drunk coffee from on a mug, Dan at Iconoduel (where else?) has everything and I mean everything published on the net up through yesterday.

Second, the first fall show for another of my favorite Chicago galleries, Bodybuilder & Sportsman, will be Leslie Baum, who has been around for awhile and whose work I think I first saw at a "new landscape" show a few years ago, and has usually been a standout in other groups. Preview a few works from a current show elsewhere here (along with other interesting landscapey people), and a major review here. Am interested to see what she's up to now.

Third, it's always sad when I have to bring an unsold painting home from a show, so I've been moping a little. But then I went to the beach for a little while and tried out a new pen (not as good as the old, discontinued brand -- too scratchy and noisy) but got so irritated with it I had to stop. But then saw a woman painting quickly and ferociously wearing office garb and had to stop by. "I'm on my lunch break!" she exclaimed as she frantically brushed a bluish wash across her paper. I realized what a jerk I can be sometimes, since I have all the time in the world to paint and just complain, and complain, and complain.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter