<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Monday, October 31, 2005
 
I'm Scared To Death Already
Bush's Latest Supreme Court Choice Likely to Trigger Huge Fight in Senate

I freeking hope so.

Our representatives have to know right now that we are behind them in our desire to keep a mainstream Supreme Court. I'm not talking about the Court of my dreams, a court many would call pinko and round-the-bend wild-eyed and liberal. No. I'm just talking about a Court that doesn't step over the line between church and state that I grew up thinking was the freebie you get with being an American.

This is not just about abortion, you know. It's about a whole bunch of issues related to privacy and governmental interference. It's not just about whether Frosty The Snowman is a religious symbol.

I was appalled when I heard that Alito voted in favor of forcing a woman to tell her husband if she wanted to get an abortion. He doesn't own her! It's medieval! Her beliefs and choices are strictly her own, and we have to keep it that way.

This stuff creeps. Before long, a woman wouldn't be allowed to drive, because it might harm the fetus if she got into an accident.

I've already sent off letters to Obama and Durbin. Please let your senators know that you don't want an extremist ideologue on the Court for the rest of your life.

It's not like Survivor. We can't ever vote them off.

Here's the link to Planned Parenthood.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter