<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Wednesday, May 12, 2004
 
They Have To Spin It, Of Course...
MSNBC - Pollsters: Kerry aside, Bush is in trouble
... but this is the best news I've seen all day. Maybe everyone other than me (because my opinions and predictions have of course been perfect, so far) is beginning to wake up and see them for what they are? Or are they so stupid that all he has to do is put on a flight suit and land in a swing state somewhere and listen to Rush Limbaugh tell them how brave he is and suddenly the polls will jump 18 points and we'll have four more years of death and destruction. As a country are we that gullible? I'm afraid we are. But this headline is on the MSNBC web site, not overwelmingly known for its liberal leanings. Let's check Fox... no, headline is about "Dru". Rapture Index only up 1 (Bush seeks $25 Billion More for Iraq, Afghanistan). Mark of the Beast and Beast Governments holding steady.

Have been running errands and gessoing, so catching up. Didn't paint, since didn't really have anything to paint on (well, I did, but didn't want to paint on canvas).

So have sixteen 12 inch squares and twelve 12 by 16 slabs. May do some trimming on the squares to remove some of the squareness as needed, but I keep forgetting how splintery luan is. It really is a pain in the butt to work with, and the price has gone up from when I bought it last year. Someone told me I should use Gator Board, but I checked the price on it, and I'll stick with luan or canvas, thank you.

My goal is to have enough around that it's just like reaching for a piece of cheap paper. Need to remove the "art as precious object" quality of my work. Managed to do it when I was printmaking a lot, now must extend it into painting. The fear of messing stuff up, oh poor me, I'll never do anything as good ever ever again....

Well, we just had a brief power failure, but laptop and WIFI keep on ticking.
Cancel that brief. Should save this and shut machine off. WIFI hasn't come back, which makes sense, since power out in entire neighborhood. Let's save the battery.

Later.... power out about an hour, everything more or less now back and flashing 12:00 at me. Ah, me.



--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter