<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Thursday, May 13, 2004
 
Liars, Part MMMCXXXXIIIb
AP Newsbreak: E-Mail From Consul Confirms Berg Was in U.S. Military Hands
To back its claims that Berg was in U.S. custody, the family showed The Associated Press an April 1 e-mail from Beth A. Payne, the U.S. consular officer in Iraq.

"I have confirmed that your son, Nick, is being detained by the U.S. military in Mosul. He is safe. He was picked up approximately one week ago. We will try to obtain additional information regarding his detention and a contact person you can communicate with directly," the e-mail said.

In two e-mails later that day, Payne wrote that she was still trying to find a local contact for the family.
So why is the govt lying? And if they aren't lying, it means they're incompetent, or were too busy torturing Iraqis, which is probably why they're lying. Wonder what Beth Payne says, or whether her memory has gone conveniently blank and her computer suspiciously has been bombed...

More and more bizarre.

And, on the WI-FI issue:

Just reboot the damn server!!

Since the big storm yesterday, my at-no-cost-to-myself WI-FI connection has gone out. I haven't been able to figure out where it's coming from, and I'm not paying for it, so I can't complain, but boy, going back to dialup is brutal.

You may wonder what I'm doing inside as you look out the window and declare it to be a beautiful day, but I would inform you that it was raining a short time ago, and no, I'm not avoiding cutting the lawn.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter