<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Friday, September 18, 2009
 
Hard Drive Hard Times
Hard crash.

Wasn't sure how to title this. Am at library (here we go again), since hard drive on the 6 yr old computer finally crashed. Am trying not to completely panic, since I have a complete backup as of about an hour before the crash -- and am assuming that the backup on the external drive didn't get fried. Am afraid to take it to an alien computer just to see.

So, have ordered a replacement drive for the old geezer and have ordered a new computer (not the one I wanted, since I'd really wanted to wait for a stable Windows 7, maybe next year after a service pack has been issued). Not to be, unfortunately. So threw caution to the wind and didn't get a boring old business Latitude, but got a widescreen Studio, packed with a ton of stuff and an XP downgrade, so don't have to worry about installing XP stuff into Vista from an XP external drive backup, which apparently you used to not be able to do.

Microsoft has always screwed us up with their backup software. On the one hand you're encouraged to keep making backups. On the other hand they do everything they can to make it impossible to use those backups if you upgrade to a new system. And then they complain that no one wants to migrate. Will they ever get it? Doubtful.

Is unfortunate timing, since I have a lot of stuff I have to get ready for fall shows. Have copies of much of my oldest images on CDs, thank goodness, so will have to dig out jpgs for submission from there else miss a bunch of deadlines.

Need to get the mini resume and links on side updated one of these days.

Now I just have to figure out how to pay for all this. If ANYONE out there is interested in buying ANY OF MY ART, I beg of you, let me know.

While I'm at it, Happy New Year to all! I hope the coming year will be full of kindness and peace.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter