<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Thursday, February 26, 2004
 
But Why Sweaters?
It seems like every winter I go into different modes. Two (or 3, maybe) years ago it was Afghan Mode. I don't think I did any painting or artwork for months -- I spent the time obsessively crocheting afghans. My sister knew I was nuts when we kept driving from store to store looking for purple yarn that was never quite right, all the time I was muttering (or so she claimed...)

This winter I've been in Sweater Mode -- have made 2 so far and am working on a third:

Free Knitting Pattern For Shawl Collar Cardigan

I'm using a beautiful blue Candide heavy yarn that's just lovely to work with, and I'm modifying the pattern for size (kind of winging it, since I don't really know what I'm doing) by using Microsoft Excel to chart the pattern increases and decreases and seam joins. Has anyone else done this? It's really a delightful tool, though of course somewhat geeky.

That's it for now. I have a small print in a benefit auction tonight, so must fluff myself up and find something clean to wear.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter