<$BlogRSDURL$>
Fresh Paint
Wednesday, February 25, 2004
 
Why Fresh Paint?
We're nearly a sixth of the way through 2004, so maybe it isn't all that fresh -- the idea being that I need to get new ideas into my work.

The short story: I'm a painter, printmaker, and writer (poetry, many beginnings of novels). The image above my description on the right is a detail from "Light Falls" (2001), part of a series of landscapes I did while sitting on the banks of a lagoon and painting what I saw across the water. In the summer of 2002, I sat in a park near Lake Michigan and painted views surrounding the central playing field. And last summer, I painted a bunch of 12 in by 12 in squares on luan, mostly gardens in the neighborhood. In the other seasons I do printmaking (strange, small images combining multiple techniques -- I'll eventually upload some of them).

So, as we approach the summer of 2004, I need to come up with a new project, so starting a web log (and starting work on a real web site where you can buy my stuff, eventually) seems a logical step -- since I already spend way too much time on the internet already.

It's cold today, but not as cold as it could be, so there's some hope of spring, but nothing poking up from the ground yet.


--- Back to Main Page ---


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Site Meter